This is a placeholder for comments on the sites in the Draft Proposed Encinitas Housing Element documents. Replies will be moderated and may be edited for suitability.
Just west of I5 and North of Encinitas Blvd.
* Proximity to Services
* Restaurant across the street, also fast food and bar on the site
* Walking distance to park, Y, beach, and transit
* On an arterial serviced by a bus line
* Near to freeway transit
* Existing productive businesses will need to be preserved under mixed use or relocated
These include a restaurant, bar, gas station, and other storefront businesses
* Noise from 24-hour gas station and other existing businesses is a concern
* Will add to and be impacted by traffic on Encinitas Blvd and I5
Conclusion: These facts might make this site suitable for High Density Housing
This site is the commercial area west of Westlake, east of Encinitas Blvd.
Many factors are similar to factors for site OE-7.
Additional minus factors include:
* Existing productive businesses will need to be preserved under mixed use or relocated.
* Common room and garden spaces appropriate for seniors would be a desirable amenity.
* Where is the nearest Fire/Rescue?
- Site is vacant land
- Bus line barely within walking distance
- No proximity to services
- Not on an Arterial
- No On-Street Parking or loading area
- Surrounded on 3 sides by detached homes of lower density
- Neighbors are concerned about Parking and Traffic, and other issues
- On its South Side would leave Sunshine Gardens in a hole, burdened by Proposition A
- The site has some topographic issues, careful design and grading will be needed